Search I-Reggaenation

Monday, October 25, 2010

A Sad day for Reggae Music: Gregory Isaacs dies in London

Gregory Isaacs is dead

Reggae legend Gregory Isaacs has died after a battle with cancer.

Isaacs, who was 59 years old, died on Monday morning at his home in London where he spent part of his time.

He leaves behind a wife and children.
Close friends told BBC Caribbean that he had originally been diagnosed with cancer of the liver which had then spread.

The Jamaican reggae singer, who was nicknamed the Cool Ruler, was best known for the song 'Night Nurse'.

Share your thoughts on Gregory Isaacs by leaving a comment below.

3 comments:

  1. a sad day for reggae..........being a white guy myself gregory's music will live on R.I.P ........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew Gregory ......and I am so sad that this articulate and passionate man, and so untapped genius was spoiled so much by people that could have helped him years ago.....you know what I am taking bout......he never ever stopped crack.......I knew him for12 years and saw it all.his health could've been saved a long time gone.......he smoked cigarettes ....chain smoked.....he told me to try and cut smoking so much crack......regardless he will always be loved for all he gave us...he was brilliant . Beautiful man & musician. Gregory no more pain you will live on in hearts forever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another dead reggae legend ... Grgory, enjoy a ZION place with others and let JAH bless be with you.

    ReplyDelete