Search I-Reggaenation

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Gramps Morgan 12,000 Copies Sold 1st Week


Continuing his mission to "heal the world through music", Gramps Morgan will join Buju Banton on his Rasta Got Soul, U.S. Tour 2009. The 6 week stint kicks off on September 12th at the Trocardero in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and hits cities and states including: Portland, Boston, Charlotte, Detroit, Chicago, California, Texas, New Mexico, Florida as well as North and South Carolina. About the tour, Gramps commented:

"I am so happy to reach this point, to be able to represent the album I worked on for so many months. It's a great challenge and I also feel blessed to be on the road with Buju! He's a great performer - it comes right from the heart and I can relate to that as there is no other way for either of us to do music ."

A magical combination, Gramps and Buju have collaborated in the past on their smash hit single 'The 23rd Psalm' and again for the follow up 'Power of Prayer' featured on Gramps Morgan's solo debut-album 2 Sides of My Heart Vol. 1. In support of the album Gramps also heads to Europe for a promotional tour in the UK; more TBA.

Meanwhile, Dada Son Entertainment is also pleased to announce that 2 Sides of My Heart Vol. 1, sold 12,000 copies in its first week. A subsidiary of the Morgan family's Gedion Music, CEO, Roy "Gramps" Morgan, had this to say about the success thus far:

"I'm so happy that people are getting a chance to share some good music. That's really what's most important to me as I know this album will have a affect on most people that listen to it." The world-wide release on August 4th followed Gramps' memorable, solo-debut performance in Toronto, Caribana weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment