Search I-Reggaenation

Friday, July 8, 2011

Reggae Star I-Octane Among Billboard Magazine's 'Top 15 Artist on the Indie Scene'

Since ascending to reggae's upper echelon in July 2010 with a compelling performance at Jamaica's biggest reggae festival, 'Reggae Sumfest' Jamaica's reggae star I-Octane continues to create waves ever since. Impressing both the Jamaican and internationally scene, he has repeatedly caught the attention of many major music and media publications such as Vibe and Billboard Magazine. This time he has been chosen among Stephen Colbert and other impressive indie artist in Billboard Magazine's '15 Artist Impacting the Indie Scene'.

Now heavily in demand on the North American and European reggae circuits, I-Octane's fusion of hauntingly sung vocals with rapid-fire rhymes, as heard on hits including "Bloodstain" and "Lose a Friend," reaffirm reggae's significance as a vehicle for compelling commentaries.


"I have invested heavily in the I-Octane brand, financing videos, publicity, even managing myself, so it's a great accomplishment reaching this far on my own," I-Octane says. "I won't sign a deal just to get an advance. Promotion is more important because it brings more shows, tours and a wider fan base."


I-Octane will be one of the top performers at this year's staging of Reggae Sumfest and his highly anticipated debut album "Crying to the Nation" is expected in the fall.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I-Octane is one of the best artist out there right now! True vibes and energy, his interview was the bes on http://caribbeanradioshow.com !

    ReplyDelete