Search I-Reggaenation

Friday, March 5, 2010

Bringing Reggae Reggae to Reading



Levi Roots became a millionaire after two entrepreneurs from the BBC programme 'Dragons' Den' invested in his Reggae Reggae sauce.
Now Levi has combined his two loves of food and music to go on the road, with a show called 'The Levi Roots Red Hot Experience Tour'.
It kicked off in Reading and Levi told BBC Berkshire all about it.
"I'm doing the first merger of music and food on stage. It's great that I've chosen Reading as the first place.

"If I mess it up I'll blame Reading!
"I'm trying to merge my two passions which is music and food which I think is why Peter Jones and Richard Farleigh wanted to invest in me on Dragons' Den.
I put the music into the food and I think if I'd have come up with anything else I wouldn't be here now. It's great that I'm now indulging in both my passions.
So how does it work?
"I think people need to be inspired by different things and it's not just the music that will inspire people it will be the cooking, the interactive element and the inspirational chat.
"It's all about the focus and the passion. I tell people if you have that, you too can be a dragon slayer.
"It's a unique tour, it's never been done before, and people get free food at the end of the night!
"I want to spread the word that if a black Brixtonian Rastafarian can make it with just a sauce, then you can make it too."

0 comments:

Post a Comment